NOKIA, Lead Writer Nokia Software | Oct. 2020 – present | Kfar Saba, Israel
- As the primary storyteller at Nokia Software, I seek to shape the industry narrative and frame thinking around technology trends and approaches – while also providing insight into the products and people behind it all. My personal mission is to try to understand technology better and make it more accessible to the masses.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, Correspondent | Sept. 2005 – Oct. 2020| Jerusalem, Israel
- Report, write and edit breaking news and features from Israel, the West Bank and Gaza
that appear in newspapers and websites around the world.
- Deliver breaking on-air news reports for AP Radio and affiliates and on-screen reports and packages for AP’s online video network.
- AP’s regional sports and entertainment correspondent.
- Manage the newsdesk, direct coverage and file urgent news alerts to the global wire.
- Selected as member of AP’s 2013 class of Future Leaders. Developed and presented a company wide career development plan that was endorsed by AP’s executive editor.
- Was frequent contributor to ASAP (AP’s younger audience service).
INTERDISCIPLINARY CENTER HERZLIYA, Adjunct Professor | Oct. 2007 – Jan. 2016| Herzliya, Israel
- Teach undergraduate introductory journalism and editing courses to international students at the Sammy Ofer School of Communications.
- Developed and teach advanced journalism course that focuses on feature writing.
TRIANGLE INTERNET, Basketball Broadcaster | Nov. 2008 – Jun. 2013 | Haifa, Israel
- Broadcast live weekly games of Maccabi Haifa in Israel’s top basketball league to a global audience.
The games aired live on American television channels and on-demand on Triangle’s website.
SPORT 5 CHANNEL, Baseball Broadcaster | Apr. 2012 – Nov. 2012 | Herzliya, Israel
- Broadcast live weekly Major League Baseball games on Israel’s primary sports channel.
OTTAWA CITIZEN, Staff Reporter | Sept. 2004 – Aug. 2005 | Ottawa, Ont., Canada
- Reported and wrote news stories and long-form features for various sections of the largest newspaper
in Canada’s capital.
MARKET NEWS INTERNATIONAL/FOREX NEWS, Reporter | Jan. 2004 – July 2004 | New York, NY
· Broadcast on-camera updates on foreign exchange market news for international webcast.
NBC NEWS, Producer/On-line Correspondent/Desk Editor | Sept. 2000 – July 2003 | Tel Aviv, Israel
- Produced broadcasts across Israel and the West Bank and segments for NBC, MSNBC and WNBC.
- Wrote news stories and features for msnbc.com and delivered occasional live breaking news reports
for MSNBC TV.
- Managed and ran the assignment desk.
HAARETZ, Reporter/Sports Desk | Jan. 2002 – Nov. 2002 | Tel Aviv, Israel
- Wrote local and foreign game stories and sports features, covering basketball, baseball, tennis,
golf and extreme sports.
- Covered the NBA beat during the 2001-2002 season.
LOS ANGELES TIMES, Researcher/Reporter | Sept. 2000 – July 2003 | Jerusalem, Israel
- Reported on breaking news stories and assisted with news coverage and interviews on the
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY | May 2004 | New York, NY
Awarded honors in core fall course, Reporting and Writing I, and in core spring course, Personal and Professional Style.
TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY | Feb. 2001 | Tel Aviv, Israel
BA, Political Science and Economics
OSLO UNIVERSITY | Aug. 1999 | Oslo, Norway
Completed graduate course in Media Studies
- Basic radio and TV editing, basic video and photography, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, computer-assisted reporting.
- Working familiarity with radio, multimedia and television equipment, including camera, sound and lighting.
- Fluent in Hebrew, rudimentary Arabic.
- Triple citizen: Hold American, Canadian and Israeli passports.
- Play-by-play broadcaster of Israel Baseball League in its lone season of 2007.
- News editor/reporter/columnist at Teza, Israel’s largest student newspaper. Covered local student news and founded the foreign news department.
- Little league baseball coach and umpire. Manager of (and player on) adult softball teams.