THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, Correspondent | Sept. 2005 – present | Jerusalem, Israel
- Report, write and edit breaking news and features from Israel, the West Bank and Gaza
that appear in newspapers and websites around the world.
- Deliver breaking on-air news reports for AP Radio and affiliates and on-screen reports and packages for AP’s online video network.
- AP’s regional sports and entertainment correspondent.
- Manage the newsdesk, direct coverage and file urgent news alerts to the global wire.
- Selected as member of AP’s 2013 class of Future Leaders. Developed and presented a company wide career development plan that was endorsed by AP’s executive editor.
- Was frequent contributor to ASAP (AP’s younger audience service).
INTERDISCIPLINARY CENTER HERZLIYA, Adjunct Professor | Oct. 2007 – Jan. 2016| Herzliya, Israel
- Teach undergraduate introductory journalism and editing courses to international students at the Sammy Ofer School of Communications.
- Developed and teach advanced journalism course that focuses on feature writing.
TRIANGLE INTERNET, Basketball Broadcaster | Nov. 2008 – Jun. 2013 | Haifa, Israel
- Broadcast live weekly games of Maccabi Haifa in Israel’s top basketball league to a global audience.
The games aired live on American television channels and on-demand on Triangle’s website.
SPORT 5 CHANNEL, Baseball Broadcaster | Apr. 2012 – Nov. 2012 | Herzliya, Israel
- Broadcast live weekly Major League Baseball games on Israel’s primary sports channel.
OTTAWA CITIZEN, Staff Reporter | Sept. 2004 – Aug. 2005 | Ottawa, Ont., Canada
- Reported and wrote news stories and long-form features for various sections of the largest newspaper
in Canada’s capital.
MARKET NEWS INTERNATIONAL/FOREX NEWS, Reporter | Jan. 2004 – July 2004 | New York, NY
· Broadcast on-camera updates on foreign exchange market news for international webcast.
NBC NEWS, Producer/On-line Correspondent/Desk Editor | Sept. 2000 – July 2003 | Tel Aviv, Israel
- Produced broadcasts across Israel and the West Bank and segments for NBC, MSNBC and WNBC.
- Wrote news stories and features for msnbc.com and delivered occasional live breaking news reports
for MSNBC TV.
- Managed and ran the assignment desk.
HAARETZ, Reporter/Sports Desk | Jan. 2002 – Nov. 2002 | Tel Aviv, Israel
- Wrote local and foreign game stories and sports features, covering basketball, baseball, tennis,
golf and extreme sports.
- Covered the NBA beat during the 2001-2002 season.
LOS ANGELES TIMES, Researcher/Reporter | Sept. 2000 – July 2003 | Jerusalem, Israel
- Reported on breaking news stories and assisted with news coverage and interviews on the
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY | May 2004 | New York, NY
Awarded honors in core fall course, Reporting and Writing I, and in core spring course, Personal and Professional Style.
TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY | Feb. 2001 | Tel Aviv, Israel
BA, Political Science and Economics
OSLO UNIVERSITY | Aug. 1999 | Oslo, Norway
Completed graduate course in Media Studies
- Basic radio and TV editing, basic video and photography, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, computer-assisted reporting.
- Working familiarity with radio, multimedia and television equipment, including camera, sound and lighting.
- Fluent in Hebrew, rudimentary Arabic.
- Triple citizen: Hold American, Canadian and Israeli passports.
- Play-by-play broadcaster of Israel Baseball League in its lone season of 2007.
- News editor/reporter/columnist at Teza, Israel’s largest student newspaper. Covered local student news and founded the foreign news department.
- Little league baseball coach and umpire. Manager of (and player on) adult softball teams.